- Air Purifiers
- Water Filtration
- Filtered Shower Heads
- Heated Toilet Seats
- Replacement Filters
Benefits of Using Bidets
Water is the best way to clean just about everything – our cars, our homes, ourselves. We use it to wash our bodies because it’s effective, comfortable and leaves us feeling refreshed. So why do we use dry toilet paper to clean the most sensitive areas of our body?
Using a bidet changes all that. A cleansing, soothing water wash leaves you clean and shower-fresh all day long. Our bidet seats, attachments and sprayers can be adjusted to suit your personal needs and enjoyed by anyone: male, female, young and elderly.
Besides offering great benefits to users, bidets also help protect the environment. Americans use over 34 million rolls of toilet paper every day, which wastes precious resources and damages the environment. The Swash bidet toilet seat reduces toilet paper consumption by 75 to 100% to give you not only a luxurious bathroom experience, but also a green lifestyle.
Who says you can’t have it all? Read below to learn how using a bidet benefits everyone.
BENEFITS FOR WOMEN
Helping Women Stay Clean, Every Step of the Way
The Swash bidet seat, with its dual-wand system, leaves women feeling clean and rejuvenated. The warm-water cleansing is especially helpful during menstruation, and many women find the soothing properties of our bidet seat can help alleviate the discomforts associated with constipation, yeast infections, and urethra irritation. The Swash bidet toilet seat is particularly helpful during and after pregnancy to help soothe anal irritation, hemorrhoids and general discomfort. Many women also find the Swash to be a comfortable and hygienic cleansing method following intercourse.
Swash Bidet Toilet Seats are particularly useful during a period. Menstrual flow is not simply blood; it also contains cervical and vaginal mucus and degenerated endometrial particles. When this fluid comes in contact with bacteria in the air, it begins to decompose and can at times have a strong scent. The gentle cleansing of the feminine wash rinses the area clean, removes any odor and helps to make what can be an uncomfortable time of the month a little more pleasant. In addition, the Swash and its dual-wand system also serve to keep the rectal area clean.
YEAST / URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS
Yeast and urinary tract infections can cause itching, discharge and unpleasant odor. While the Swash can’t cure the infections, it can provide soothing relief from the symptoms during treatment.
The Swash is ideal for pregnant women for many reasons:
- Hemorrhoids - Due to increased weight gain during pregnancy, women often develop hemorrhoids, which have symptoms like a painful burning sensation, itching, swelling and bleeding. Toilet paper often exacerbates hemorrhoid symptoms. The Swash’s warm-water posterior wash and air dryer eliminate the need for abrasive toilet paper and keep the affected area clean and dry, providing comfort and relief from tenderness and irritation.
- Lack of Mobility - The changing shape and increased weight gain during pregnancy can make it awkward and difficult for expecting mothers to thoroughly clean areas of their body that become harder to reach. The Swash’s dual-wand system provides excellent cleansing in both the feminine and posterior area.
- Cleanliness Before and after Delivery - Women need extra help with cleanliness during pregnancy. Before the baby comes, women can experience the loss of the mucus plug, water breaking and loss of amniotic fluid. The gentle cleansing of the Swash provides comfort and relief.
There are also massive physical changes that occur during the first few weeks after giving birth, many of which can be comforted by the Swash and its gentle warm water wash. A few include:
- Lochia - The term “lochia” is the bleeding that occurs as the uterus sheds its lining after the birth. This occurs whether the birth is vaginal or cesarean. While women have traditionally been told to expect their lochia to last for 10 to 14 days, recent studies have indicated that most women experience lochia for at least a month after the delivery, and many for as long as six weeks. This means exceptional feminine cleaning is needed during this time, and the Swash delivers that even when you’re sleep-deprived or holding a baby with one arm
- Perineum - The perineum may have swelling, bruising, or other complications that can be soothed by the Swash
- Urinary tract - The doctor will want to ensure that there aren’t any delivery-related bladder problems caused by trauma to the area during delivery, the effects of certain anesthetics, and so on. The Swash delivers unparalleled hygiene for urinary clean-up
BENEFITS FOR MEN
The soothing warm water of the Swash’s bidet toilet seat posterior wash helps relieve discomfort associated with constipation and hemorrhoids, and provides men with a means for improving their anal hygiene. The warm air dryer and comfy, heated seat make time spent on the “throne” all the more enjoyable!
BENEFITS FOR SENIORS
The personalized and easy-to-use controls of the Swash bidet toilet seat help seniors retain independence with regard to a very personal and sensitive subject. Seniors who suffer from arthritis, incontinence or mobility problems now have an effective means of addressing their bathroom needs with our bidet toilet seat – without having to endure the potential indignity of relying on others.
More than 13 million people in the United States experience loss of bladder control, also known as urinary incontinence. It can happen to anyone, but is very common in older people. At least 1 in 10 people who are 65 or older experience this problem. Symptoms can range from mild leaking to uncontrollable wetting.
Incontinence is uncomfortable and embarrassing. The Swash can help relieve those feelings by providing a quick and easy way to stay clean and fresh.
BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
Even potty-trained children have difficulty properly cleaning themselves after using the toilet. The hygienic cleansing offered by Swash bidet toilet seats helps kids clean themselves more thoroughly and (bonus!) promotes awareness of the benefits of cleanliness.
- Loss of Mobility - Loss of mobility, both temporary and permanent, can be painful, frustrating and often times make it difficult to perform everyday functions that were once very easy, such as going to the bathroom. Partial or total mobility loss may result from conditions such as arthritis, broken bones, Dupuytren’s disease and hernia and rectal surgery. Over 70 million Americans have some form of arthritis or joint inflammation, often translating to a serious debility that limits movement. The Swash allows people suffering from conditions such as these to regain the comfort and dignity of using the toilet by themselves.
- Hemorrhoids - Hemorrhoids are veins that swell and protrude around the anus. The symptoms may include a painful burning sensation, itching, swelling and even bleeding. As many as 10 million Americans suffer from hemorrhoids; most of them between the ages of 45 and 65, but over half the population will experience them at some point in their lives. The good news is you can now find hemorrhoid relief without resorting to surgery! The Swash eliminates the need for abrasive toilet paper when using the toilet. The warm water jet and warm air dryer clean and dry the user, providing great relief from symptoms such as tenderness and irritation. Whereas sufferers with traditional toilets often dread going to the bathroom and try to wait as long as possible (causing further complications), Swash owners may actually look forward to using the toilet because it is a pleasant, soothing experience.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Incontinence - Skin care is very important for incontinent patients and those with IBS; however, cleaning with toilet paper or soap can dry and irritate anal tissue. The Swash allows multiple washings without the increased skin abrasion and irritation caused by other methods.
- Crohn’s Disease - Crohn’s disease causes inflammation and irritation in various parts of the gastrointestinal tract. With this condition can come a frequent need to use the toilet. The Brondell Swash allows complete and gentle cleansing after each bowel movement without harsh, abrasive toilet paper.
Americans make, move and use 34 million rolls of toilet paper... every day. The problem is not just the 54 million trees cut each year to keep up with demand, but also the enormous amounts of water, chemicals and energy used in the destructive production process of toilet paper.
Don’t take our word for it. The graphic below depicts the real results of a 2008 Lifecycle Inventory (LCI) Study by Franklin & Associates comparing normal toilet paper use to that with a Swash bidet toilet seat.
What’s all the fuss over a little toilet paper? Look at the graphic again, really read the statistics. Did we mention this is for one single day? One day! The magnitude of the carbon footprint of toilet paper is absolutely stunning and unnecessary. What’s the good news?A Swash bidet toilet seat dramatically reduces the amount of toilet paper you use. What do we mean by “dramatic?” Only a 75 to 100% reduction in toilet paper! Now, go back to that graphic and reduce the stats by 75%. Can you imagine an easier way to have a positive and significant environmental impact? Some people express concern about wasting water when using a bidet. But the Swash uses less water than the toilet paper production process... which means that you are actually conserving a substantial amount of H2O!