Bathroom Trends: It’s All About the Experience
Now that 2012 is well underway, it’s a great time to check out what trends are shaping the home for 2012. Much has been said about furniture and color, but the one consistent theme across many trend lists is the “experience” factor. Here are a few ways to achieve an experiential bathroom:
- Heated Floors – There is nothing worse than hitting an ice-cold tile floor in the morning. The sublime feeling of keeping your lower appendages cozy sends the message of luxury straight to your brain. Not only does it pamper, but heating the bathroom floor gives the room the most evenly distributed heat. If you want to add an environmentally friendly aspect to this application, use hydronic heat for less energy consumption.
- LED Shower Heads – With recent drops in cost for LED lights, it’s no wonder applications have begun to pop up in some of the most surprising places. Light refracting through water in and of itself brings the wow factor, but with the ability to change the light colors one can add light therapy (or for the more technical folks out there “chromotherapy”). Green helps fight depression, blue helps to calm, red helps to energize, yellow helps support happiness and white help with balance.
- Bidet Toilet Seat – There is no better way to experience the luxury lifestyle than with a bidet toilet seat. With the Brondell Swash 1000, you get a shower fresh clean every time with an endless warm water bidet wash through its stainless steel dual nozzle system. The Swash’s deodorizer and heated seat alone provide a better bathroom experience.
- Towel Warmer – Nothing says spa like a toasty towel. Sometimes it’s the simplest of things that make a person feel pampered. These new towel warmers are not your grandmother’s radiator; many come in avant-garde designs more like a wall sculpture than a functional piece of equipment.
- Electric Mirror – For those willing to splurge a bit, a mirror TV brings the presidential suite experience home. Whether it’s the stock market, world news or the soaps, never miss a moment. Watching TV in the mirror of the bathroom is definitely a unique experience and provides that something extra for the customer that has everything.